Thursday, October 12, 2017

Jennifer Hanson To Release Holiday Project Under the Tree

Artist: Jennifer Hanson
Album: Under the Tree
Label: Independent
Release date: November 3, 2017

Jennifer Hanson came on the scene to critical acclaim with her self-titled debut album. Her single “Beautiful Goodbye” went on to be a top 15 hit, the highest charting debut single by a new female artist for that year. Solidifying herself as a viable artist in the country music format, recording for both Capitol Records and Universal South, it has been Hanson’s songwriting that has led to her continued success in an ever-changing industry. Hanson’s artistry and songs have garnered ACM, CMT and GRAMMY nominations, as well as numerous BMI, SESAC and NSAI awards. Collectively, her songs have sold millions of albums worldwide. She wrote the #1 song “Leave the Pieces”; the debut single for Michelle Branch & Jessica Harp of The Wreckers, as well as the debut single for American Idol finalist Bucky Covington titled “A Different World”, which went on to become a top 5 hit on the Billboard charts. Hanson celebrated her second #1 single with her self-penned song “Let Me Down Easy” recorded by Billy Currington. Hanson also wrote the title track to the movie “Country Strong” performed by Gwyneth Paltrow and has had songs recorded by artists such as pop sensation Kelly Clarkson, country music superstars Rascal Flatts, The CW’s One Tree Hill actress and singer Jana Kramer, rising country music star Mickey Guyton and country legends Pam Tillis, Vince Gill and Don Williams to name a few.

Says Hanson about the project, "Several months ago, I ran across a cassette tape of my dad and I singing “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” when I was 3 ½ years old. As I listened to this spirited little kid blaring out the lyrics to “Rudolph” with such gusto and enthusiasm, I was reminded of the joy and wonder of Christmas and the love and good times it always used to bring around our home that time of year. It was a normal occurrence for my dad to put in a cassette tape and record everything back then, and there was never a minute there wasn’t music playing. Looking back now, I’m so thankful he did. That moment in time he captured is what inspired me to make “Under the Tree”. I’ve always had a love for all things Christmas. It is, by far, one of my most favorite times of the year and nothing makes the holidays more festive than Christmas music. I hope you’ll enjoy listening to this little sampler of new tunes and old as much as I enjoyed making it. Happy Holidays…"

No comments:

Post a Comment