Friday, July 28, 2017

That Nashville Sound Friday Newsbytes - New Projects From Margo Price, Eric Palsay, Thomas Rhett, Marc Cohn & Pistol Annies

Today is National Get Gnarly day. I'm sure those in charge naming it had intentions of just encouraging Ray Wylie Hubbard to get out his slide and do some picking.  On a separate note, there's lots more news this morning with some exciting album announcements.

- Marc Cohn has announced a new album to come out in early 2018 and has gone to PledgeMusic to offer fans some unique opportunities at autographed and custom memorabilia connected to the project.

- Save your Christmas money, for in early 2018, the Pistol Annies will be having their third album released.

- The final studio album from the late rocker Gregg Allman, titled Southern Blood, will release via Rounder Records on Sept. 8. The torchbearer for Southern rock died earlier this year on May 27, at the age of 69, at his home near Savannah, Georgia.

- Margo Price had a surprise EP released yesterday. Price offers up four new tracks on her EP Weakness, released via Third Man Records.

- Michael Johnson, the voice behind the smash hit "Bluer Than Blue," passed away at age 72 while in hospice care in Minneapolis on Tuesday, July 25.

- The Voice veteran Jake Worthington released a new lyric music video for "Big Time Lonesome."

- Eric Paslay released a surprise EP as well this last week entitled The Work Tapes. Listen to him talk about the new project a bit here.

- Shania Twain released her new music video for "Life's About To Get Good."

- On September 8, Thomas Rhett will release his next album Life Changes via Valory Records. "I am and will always be a country artist,” Thomas Rhett said. "It's who I am, it's in my blood. I will always try to push boundaries because that rebellious side has been in me since I was a kid. My voice and my journey that inspired these songs is the glue that makes this album cohesive. This is where I'm at musically, and these are my stories."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment