Wednesday, July 26, 2017

That Nashville Sound Wednesday Newsbytes

This morning, That Nashville Sound's got numerous new album announcements to go along with a couple of new music videos to share.

- The Voice Season 7 winner Craig Wayne Boyd announced that he will be releasing his next indie album called Top Shelf on October 7, 2017 in addition to expecting his third child.

- Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers unveiled a 360 degree music video for a new bluegrass instrumental song called "Office Supplies." 

- Aaron Lee Tasjan premiered his new music video for "Till The Town Goes Dark."

- One of That Nashville Sound's favorite music discoveries has been Ashley McBryde this year. Be sure to watch her new music video for "A Little Dive Bar In Dahlonega."

- Aaron Lewis unveiled a brand new song with a powerful message entitled "Folded Flag."

-  Darius Rucker has announced his fifth solo country album When Was the Last Time will be released on October 20th. "I know what I want to do in country music right now and this is another step there," Rucker tells Rolling Stone Country. "It's a lively album, lots of upbeat stuff. My fans will be really happy and I hope to make some new fans too, because it's a country record."

- Courtney Marie Andrews has released a video for “Irene” off of her breakout record Honest Life today over on NPR.

- Kelsea Ballerini’s new album is titled Unapologetically and will be officially released on November 3. "I feel like I've been keeping a secret for two years that I finally get to tell," Ballerini admits. "I've never been more proud as I am of this record, the story it tells, and the heart my friends and I put into it. So, November 3, we get to start the next chapter! Unapologetically..."

- Teenager and child music prodigy Emi Sunshine will release her new album Ragged Dreams on August 25, 2017. “I’m pretty sure that most folks expect me to write and sing about rainbows, butterflies and unicorns, but that’s just not me. I like to write about things that are real and life just isn’t pretty sometimes…that’s just the way it is. I also get my song ideas from scary movies (I love scary movies!); I love the ‘shock factor;’ it’s just plain fun to see the 'surprise' on people’s faces!”

- Our ears are anxious to hear Dori Freeman again on her upcoming sophomore album. It'll be produced by Teddy Thompson again and released October 20 and entitled Letters Never Read.  It's "a mix of Dori's originals, though tempered with a slightly more positive outlook, plus some tastefully arranged traditional pieces. Dori's voice is shockingly great, but hearing her sing true Appalachian music for the first time is a revelation."

No comments:

Post a Comment