Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Taylor Swift Collaborator Liz Rose To Release Her Debut Solo Album This Week

Artist: Liz Rose
Album: Swimming Alone
Label: Liz Rose Records
Release date: May 12, 2017

Liz Rose, Grammy-award winner, co-writer of many Taylor Swift hits (twenty of Swift's officially-released songs and singles, including "White Horse," "Teardrops on My Guitar," and "You Belong with Me") and mother of Caitlin Rose has announced details of her highly-awaited debut solo record, Swimming Alone.  Taking in numerous decades and recounting memories of swimming with her friends in the heat of Irving, Texas, or going to work in her Father’s shop on a Saturday morning with her siblings, Rose has compiled a collection of stories with the help of Caitlyn Smith and longtime co-writers Lori McKenna and Hillary Lindsey.

In a conversation with The Tennessean: "The feel on the record is kind of vintage. There are songs about my life, there’s a song about the five and dime, there are songs about me growing up. You can tell on the record I’m kind of free-spirited, I don’t have a plan, I just go through life,” Rose said. “I’m proud of the songs, I’m proud of the message. I’m not a great singer, I’m not really a great performer, but I love doing the songs and telling stories so it’s really just about people getting to know me and realizing what songwriting is really about,” Rose said.

The title track comes from a childhood story of when Rose’s mom couldn’t find a two-year-old Rose — and later discovered her swimming in the pool alone.

“I just realized, that’s kind of the story of my life. Even though I’m married and have kids and have tons of friends, I really do feel like whatever I jump into I really jump in alone and hope somebody is going to jump in with me,” Rose said.

Track listing:
1. Grocery Money
2. Five & Dime
3. Tulsa
4. Letters from Prison
5. Swimming Alone
6. Ex-Husbands
7. Sacred Ground
8. Yellow Room
9. Woodstock
10. My Apology

No comments:

Post a Comment