Saturday, August 20, 2016

Marc Broussard Combines Charity & Music Passions With Upcoming Save Our Soul II Album

Artist: Marc Broussard
Album: Save Our Soul II: Sings the Songs of the 50's and 60's
Label: G-Man Records
Release date: Sept. 30, 2016

Singer Marc Broussard of Carencro, LA has combined his love of his community and his love of the music that influenced his father and he growing up. His upcoming album titled Save Our Soul II: Marc Broussard Sings the Songs of the 50's and 60's will come out on September 30 and half of the proceeds of the album will go back to charity.

"Those moments have led me to believe I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing in life," Broussard said. "I'm going to continue to pursue these promptings, wherever they may come from. I'm going to continue to take my cues from my soul, from my gut. They've led me this far and have given me strong indications that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I feel very, very excited about what the future holds."

That future includes extensive work with his Save Our Soul Foundation, Broussard's own nonprofit organization. The SOS Foundation will concentrate on local homelessness and work with an Oschner Hospital program that offers intense training to international pediatric cardiologists and heart surgeons who return to their home country to save children.

SOS, which will have a local board of directors that includes City Parish councilman Kenneth Boudreaux, will raise money through donations, concerts, VIP events and record sales.

"I have this fan base, every time I ask them to buy records, they buy records," said Broussard. "Every time I ask them to buy tickets, they buy tickets.

"Now if I tell them 100 percent of the proceeds are going to help homeless folks here locally, as well as help City of Refuge and groups like them expand their business model and achieve their goals, my fans are going to pick those records up, every time they see them. They're going to give them out as Christmas presents, birthday presents and office favors. I fully believe that."

SOS was inspired by City of Refuge, an Atlanta-based nonprofit that hired Broussard two years ago to perform for their Christmas fundraiser. Located in an area called The Bluff, which has one of the highest crime rates and homeless populations in Georgia, the organization helps residents with food, clothing, shelter, job training and placement, housing, healthcare and education.

The City operates 180 Kitchen, which feeds the hungry and fuels a Culinary Arts School that trains students in a culinary career. A catering program provides income for the students and covers the kitchen's expenses.

Save Our Soul II: Marc Broussard Sings the Songs of the 50's and 60's track listing:
Cry To Me - Solomon Burke
Do Right Woman, Do Right Man - Aretha Franklin
Baby Workout - Jackie Wilson
Twistin’ The Night Away - Sam Cooke
These Arms Of Mine (Feat. Huey Lewis) - Otis Redding
What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin
I Was Made To Love Her - Stevie Wonder
In The Midnight Hour (Feat. J.J. Grey) - Wilson Pickett
Hold On, I'm Coming - Sam & Dave
It's Your Thing - Isley Brothers
Fool For Your Love - Original
Cry to Me (acoustic feat. Ted Broussard) - Solomon Burke
Sunday Kind of Love - Etta James
Every Tear - David Egan


No comments:

Post a Comment